Project Management Institute (www.pmi.org) is the world’s largest not-for-profit of membership associations for the Project Management professionals. PMI community has more than a half-million members and credential holders across the globe.
PMI delivers value for the millions of project professionals working in nearly every country in the world through global advocacy, collaboration, education and research. PMI supports to advance careers, improve organizational success and further mature the profession of project management through globally recognized standards, certifications, resources, tools, academic research, publications, professional development courses and networking opportunities.
PMI Trivandrum Kerala Chapter
The PMI Trivandrum Kerala Chapter is one among the 8 local chapters of PMI India. The Chapter was established in the year 2003 with an aim to build professionalism in project management and also started Kochi branch operations in 2018. Ever since its inception, the Chapter has been providing significant value not restricted to the project management community, but also to the society.
Over the years, the member community base of the Chapter increased significantly and got spread over the entire state of Kerala and even beyond. As a forum which brings together the true cross-section of Project Management fraternity in the locality, the Kerala Chapter enjoys the attention of industry, academia, NGOs and the local Government. With representations from multiple industry sectors including construction, IT, manufacturing and academia, the Chapter facilitates mutual learning, networking and knowledge sharing, with more volunteering options.
There are several initiatives by the Chapter, to provide value-added services for its members and credential holders. Some of the major programs widely accepted are:
- Collaborate with professional organizations like IEEE, CSI, The Institution of Engineers (India) to conduct programs of common interest – the regular Wednesday talks at the Visvesvaraya Bhavan in the Kerala State Centre of The Institution of Engineers (India) is supported by PMI Kerala Chapter.
- Annual project management conference – Waves – conducted on the second Saturday of June, alternatively at Trivandrum and Kochi since 2011.
- Academic outreach program with Student Forums at professional colleges and business schools to groom the students in Project Management and enrich their future career opportunities.
- Monthly preparatory trainings for various PMI credentials/refresher workshops alternatively in Trivandrum or Kochi.
- Professional Development Events – seminars / full-day sessions – on topics ranging from basic PM tools & techniques, case studies, multiple knowledge-based tracks, etc. and offering PDU accrual.
- Volunteer development programs to enhance leadership skills, acquire new knowledge, network with other colleagues in the area and earn PDUs, all this at your pace and availability.
- Mentoring Programs – opportunities for self to interact with experts and also to provide mentoring support to others (students, faculty, startup entrepreneurs, project professionals)
- Various volunteering opportunities both for the Chapter events and activities as well as for the CSR initiatives from the Chapter.
The Kerala Chapter is multiple time winner of PMI award for maximum member retention rate for the Asia Pacific region.
Create a common platform for the Project Management professionals in Kerala to meet on a periodical basis to share knowledge and experience
Promote globally accepted and standardized best practices of project management towards project excellence.
Build professionalism in project management by promoting PMP certification conducted by PMI and involve more professionals in contributing towards the continued growth of the profession.